Thursday 27 February 2014

Time For A Change

The time has come for a change in the way I commute to and from work. For the last 13yrs I have been cycling to work day in day out, I have had good days and bad but overall I have enjoyed the experience which it has given me. I will have to admit cycling has made me fitter than I was in my teens. Unfortunately, over this 13yrs period I have been subject to quite a lot of abuse in a relatively small commuting round trip. I have shrugged off many times the verbal abuse, numerous close passes at speed from cars, lorries, busses and articulated trucks until last week in February when I nearly got knocked down by an articulated lorry at speed which pricked my concience. I decided that night enough was enough and it was time for a change of transport....

I went to a local motorcycle dealers and put my name down for a 125cc motorcycle. After a lot of browsing on the tinternet I decided on purchasing a Zontes Monster.  I dont know what I have put my name down for but I will see when I get it. I purchased a topbox and waterproof trousers from ebay so at present I am just waiting for everything to be sorted out.......

No comments:

Post a Comment